The Autumn/Winter 2022 Modeshift STARS Accreditation deadlines are fast approaching. Details of the key dates are included below:
- Sites must submit their applications no later than 31 December 2022 (It is important to be aware that submission & LA Approval can be carried out at any time. There is no need to wait until the deadline)
- Local Authorities must complete their reviews and approve/reject applications no later than 13 January 2023
- Modeshift will conduct quality assurance and advise applicants by 6 February 2023. Certificates will be sent after this date. Please check site names when reviewing applications as these will be used in the production of certificates.
Accreditation checklists for all site types are available in the Guidance List > Resources menu, which can be found in the black menu at the top of the web page when logged into Modeshift STARS.
When reviewing and approving accreditation applications please ensure that in addition to enough initiatives and surveys, etc. that the plan is understandable to someone outside of the site. The plan must clearly show how to get there, what facilities to expect when at the site and what is planned/has been done.
Whilst all parts of the plan are important, please pay particular attention to:
- Introduction: Introduction to site & Local Amenities
- Travel & Transport Infrastructure: Transportation Links
- Working Group: Actions & evidence of action
- Reporting on all Initiatives, Consultations
- Targets are current & meaningful
- Issues have been reviewed and, if necessary, updated within the last 12 months
Regrettably, sites that do not meet these requirements may have accreditation applications rejected.